TEXT HERE

La La Land Crafts Inspiration Friday – Altered–3D project

Bee Happy!!
I was like a kid in a candy store when fabulous shadow box from Irina at LLLC arrived on my doorstep!! I honestly…could not wait to play with it! The possibilities are truly endless!!  I already knew that I wanted to use Watercan Marci…so my next step was to pick a color scheme…and I tend to let my paper pads help me with that. I settled on the bright colors from the My Minds Eye Notable 6 x6 papers. After that, I thought that a distressed crackle finish would go along well with the garden theme, so with acrylic paint, I painted my top layer of the shadow box in orange. After it dried, I applied the crackle finish. and here… is where the hardest part begins…waiting for the magic to happen. I’ve heard..that you really shouldn’t try to speed the process up with a heat gun…but I did….Don’t tell, K? 
After it was completely dried, I diluted a bit more orange paint…and worked it into the cracks and crevices…as I really wanted the orange to show through. After my shadowbox was assembled…and Marci was colored and placed inside…it was time to add the embellishments. It was a bit like decorating a playhouse!  The gloves and water can were cut on my cameo…and the bees, which come with the darling Watercan Marci…were just stamped multiple times, colored, cut out..and popped onto the frame. It was SUCH FUN!
Please be sure to visit the La La Land Crafts Blog…to see all of the A-MAZING projects from the design team!! They really knocked it out of the ball park!
P1050981
Thank you so very much for coming but today!!
Supplies Used:
Papers – My Minds Eye – Notable
Flowers – Wild Orchid Crafts
Crackle Finish – Ranger/Tim Holtz Crackle Paint
Die Cuts – Silhouette Store
Copics
Skin - E13, E000, E00, RSP
Hair - E44, E2, E41
Dress, Hat, Mushroom- YR14, YR16, YR00
Boots, Flower - y14, Y12, Y00 R17, R27
Watercan R29,R27, R17, R22
Sky & Clouds C3, C1, C00, B60, B0000, B000, B00

Would you like to comment?

  1. i think the crackle looks great! i used mine the other day and got so impatient that I heat gunned it and it didnt crackle :( oh no! hehe. The orange is just beautiful and i love the little watering can and gloves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is just tooooo cute!!!!!!!! Your embellishments are the perfect touch to the image! Fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo gorgeous!!!! Love it!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message